Content marketing is an important part of engaging your audience and showing off your expertise as a health coach. But, coming up with blog post topics can be time-consuming and leave you with a bad case of writer’s block!
I wanted to share some ideas to inspire you that you can build on for your blog and social media content.
First, here’s some concepts that you can draw your own experience from and write about. Then further down I’ve gone into specifics depending on your health coaching niche.
Blog Post Ideas For Introducing Yourself
Many health coaches forget to introduce themselves and make a personal connection online with their potential clients. That personal connection can be the difference between conversion or going with a competitor.
- How you got started
- Your own personal journey and why you chose the specialty you did
- A personal story or client that you learnt a lot from
- An in-depth ‘about me’ post including photos to make it more personal
- Do an opinion piece on an important aspect of your business and your specialty industry
Ideas for promoting your services
Don’t be afraid to discuss your services openly. The best recipe for this in a blog post is to provide value to readers first, then have a call-to-action to discuss the service at the end. You can also link to your service pages throughout.
- Select frequently asked questions about your services and answer them in-depth individually
- Talk about the specific challenges of your target audience
- Select your core services and do a case study on a specific client which includes a testimonial
- Write a blog post on the key benefits of the service you provide
- Write about how you go about performing your services
Topics that will help build your brand
Usually, these types of topics are about sharing knowledge and expertise. They should be sprinkled in between your services and personal posts intermittently.
- Using statistics and expert sources discuss the latest trend or development in your industry
- Interview an industry leader(s)
- Answer a client question. Ask for submissions beforehand
- Highlight an industry problem e.g. beauty standards in the fashion industry
- Create an event for potential clients to showcase your expertise and talk about a specific topic e.g. a webinar.
Blog Post Topics According To Health Coach Niche
Here’s some specific topics you can use depending on your specialty as a health coach.
Exercise and Fitness
- Budget-friendly alternatives to working out
- Home gym options
- Pick a fitness trend
- General exercises for your target audience’s specific issues
- Proper recovery tips and benefits
- Exercise and fitness safety
- Training programmes based on age or specific challenge of target audience
- Best online fitness apps/tools
- Realistic fitness goals for beginners (and how to stick to them)
- How to stay motivated
- Mobility and back pain
- Nutrition advice for your target audience
- Top weight loss strategies this year
- Myths and dangerous advice from influencers you should avoid
- How to avoid cravings and bad habits with food
- The importance of healthy attitudes towards weight loss
- Healthy food options that can make a difference
- Discuss motivational and inspiring influencers to follow
- Improving productivity to avoid overworking
- Managing stress at work in high-intensity jobs
- Unwinding and how to do this with less time available in your day
- Anxiety and when to seek help
- How to deal with anxiety naturally
- Stress management techniques for every day
- Nutrition and lifestyle changes for stress
- Best Supplements to Manage Stress
- Signs in your body that are actually caused by stress
- Sleep and stress
- The effect of stress
Food and Nutrition
- Natural energy boosters
- Eco-friendly food and nutrition tips
- Immune system boosters
- The different types of fad diets and their effects (why you should avoid)
- Budget-friendly ways to eat healthy
- How to grow your own food from offcuts
- Nutrition trends of the year
- Plant-based diets
- Digestion and diets for intolerances
- Emotional eating and the signs to make changes
- Self-care that is accessible to your target audience
- Gut health and mental health
- Nutrition and mental health
- Coping with lockdowns
- Stress and mental health
- Resources for mental health professionals
- Myths about mental health
- Daily challenges with anxiety and mental health you can address without medication
- Mood changing habits
- Emotions in the workplace and how to manage them
- Age and mental health
- The importance of taking breaks
- The mental health signs to watch in your body
How to come up with new blog post topics
Do you need to come up with more topics? Here’s my strategy.
- Take feedback from your clients and target audience about what’s currently troubling them and the challenges they face. You should be part of the conversation in your industry and with your potential clients so ask them!
- No one knows more about your services than you, so talk about them. Why you offer them, what they provide, what they aim to solve.
- Talk about your success. Ultimately social proof is powerful, so talk about how you help! It will resonate with more people than you realise.
If you need help making your website more accessible or coming up with blog posts that fit your branding, get in touch and I’ll see how I can help!